Tuesday, October 6, 2009

D.C.

D.C. was a blast! I took over 4000 pictures. seriously. And the best part of the trip was that it was all paid for! Here are some hilights of the week:
  • We looked at every tourist attraction there was in D.C. in about 6 hours except for Mount Vernon and the FDR memorial.
  • We walked a total of about 8 miles the entire trip. which was 4 days, but two of the days were spent on the bus
  • The Halocust Museam was gut renching. and I don't know how anybody can every say that it didn't happen.
  • I felt underdressed the entire time I was in the hotel. no joke!
  • Hot tubs are the best, especially after walking 6 miles
  • Me, Elizabeth and Michaela figured out that steps are really, really cool :)
  • Seeing the First Ladies exibit at the Smithsonian of American History was cool.
  • We got to the Star Spangled Flag and that was neat.
  • I offically hate when my ears pop. especially since I am from michigan, and everything is flat!
  • I have never really heard that many awesome speakers in my entire life
  • oh, and I can't forget this one...the food was awesome!
I'll be writing more about the trip hopefully soon! And maybe some pictures too!

No comments: