Monday, July 13, 2009

Frankenmuth

So for my grandparents 50th anniversary they took all their kids and their husbands, grand kids, and great-grand kids to Frankenmuth Michigan. And let me tell you, when you get our entire family together, there is lots of fun, laughing, and joking.

My grandparents had rented a privet room a Zhenders (my spelling is a little off) for dinner which started at 4. The dinner was very, very good. At one point we even made our waiter start to sweat because we asked for so much food! And I even had to admit that at one point during the dinner when my grandparents go up to say some things, i cried.

After dinner, all of us older girl cousins walked around the town, which is sooo fun because there is all the little shops you can go in. And for the record we tried all most every flavor of taffy that there is.

We walked around the town till about 9, and then we went back to our hotel (we were staying at the Bavarian Inn). My grand-parents rented 6 different rooms (one for each family + one for the older girls) So after around 11 ish, after we were doing watching tv, all the girls that were staying in the room decided to have a devotional time...which lasted all of about 2 min, because we were laughing so much! Throughout the rest of the night and early morning me accomplish to have a pillow fight, jump on the beds, and have bits and pecies of the ceeling fall on us (the ceeling was falling because we were hitting it to hard with the pillows!)

So once we were all hot which was around 1 in the morning we sat on the deck, which was facing the lake, but we were still hot so we turned the air down to 64! we eventully went to bed at about 2 ish. and when we woke up in the moring we were all freezing cold!

At 10 the next morning my grandparents had scheduled a brunch, and let me tell you, the bavarian inn has the BEST breakfasts.

After breakfast we took family pictures, and then we walked around the town again, and we also walked around the River Place.

But overall my weekend was fun and wonderful and i wish i could do that every weekend!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'll never forget that trip! NEVER.

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH you did all the best things there!!! I have driven through it a lot but I never got to stay there. I have heard about it though because my grandma lives really near to it.

Glad you got to go!

Caroline