Monday, December 15, 2008

Band Concert- 08

My band concert was AWESOME!! and i had sooooo much fun playing. I had a few problems playing.
1. my clarinet reed brook right before the concert started, so i had to get a new one, and so the reed was not really all that wet, so it was hard to play.
2. my cough was really bad so i kept 'walking out' on the concert (walking out means still being up on stage, but your not actually playing even though the instrument is in your mouth, your just fingering).
3. i was having a really hard time breathing.

But other than that i had a fun time :)

We got there (at the church), right as our ban was getting ready to warm up, then we went and just played around for 10-15 minutes after we warmed up. Then we went up into the Sanctuary of the church to hear the other three bands playing.

The concert started about 7:00, and we got on stage at 8:00, and we were done my 8:30 ish.

Here are the songs we played:
German Dance (aka. Sleigh ride) (we played this with the middle band, so that the middle band could have some practice playing with us)
O come all ye faithful
Greensleeves: A Fantasia for band
Ukrainian bell carol
A Christmas Festival
(this is four pages, so its REALLY long)

Katie

P.s i still haven't uploaded the pictures the pictures of the concert to our computer, but when i do i'll post them.

5 comments:

Livie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I have a cold now too, so I'm hoping to be better by the time I perform at my choir concert on Thursday!

Livie
P.S. Is Jason planning on auditioning for Mulan? I am. The audition packet came online on Friday.

Katie said...

where is your choir concert at??

Yea, i think he's planning on auditing for Mulan. when are the auditions?

Katie

P.s what part are you hoping to get?

Emma said...

Hope you had fun!!!

-Emma

Emma said...

Oh and also your template is so cute!!

-EMma

Katie said...

Emma,
Yes, we did have A LOT of fun!

Thanks!

Katie